This roadmap was put up by MicahStetson as a semi-official statement of the development team's direction. Unlike the rest of the site, we ask that you do not edit it unless you are a member of the development team authorized to do so.
- Pre 1.0.0 Release (Converting from 0.6.0)
- AutoBar Code for copies
- New Like
- Custom Member Fields
- Integrated with Micah's custom version so I don't have to maintain 2 trees
- MARC compliant database design
- no data loss on import
- all MARC fields searchable
- nearly all biblio fields in MARC record
- integrate PeterLeschev's stocktake patch
- 0.6.0 -> 1.0.0 Database upgrade routines
- New Database Diagrams.
- New Sample Data
- Redesigned i18n SystemNew i8n Documentation
- Translations Management Interface (add-In)
- Marc Codes Localizations to Text File
- Standardized way for plugins to use Localization
- no use of eval()
- no use of localeconv()
- Move HTML Charset & HTML Tag Lang Attribute from Settings to Locale Files
- Remove language_list.php
- integrate FredLaPlante's lookup mod (haven't talked to Fred about this)
Features Newly Introduced in 1.0.0
- New OPAC interface
- Member Interface for allowing Bookings
- Member Interface for checking account
- New Marc Parser
- MARC Import / Export <----- is this right Micah?
- On import -> Records are added to the Cart
- Image Support
- New Search Interface
- Keywords: Title, Subject, Series, Publisher, Item Number
- Media Type
- Audience Level
- Production Date
- Manage Requests (Bookings)
- Biblio View
- Subjects link to search
- Publisher links to search
- Marc View
- Print Catalog
- Biblio Edit
- New simple edit screen
- New Marc Editing Screen.
- Request Cart
- Multiple Sites
- School Calendars
- Bulk Delete using list of barcodes
- Admin Interface to Check Database
- New Database Format
- Call number has changed -> now in custom marc field.
- Title, author etc…. has been removed from biblio and put in Marc tables
- Data cleaning routines
- Executes against either “All Records” or “Selected Card”
- Clean things like:
- Delete Marc records 700
- Remove “/” from title
- ProperCase title, author etc
- Admin disable of features like opac/circulation
- Sites for biblio_copy records
- Allows for intra site transfer tracking
- Better support for periodicals, look into TOCRoSS
- Per Collection Call Numbers
- A self service checkout module
- Online Renewal
- Reports_display UI
- unicode (UTF-8) support in printing system
- Translations per Member.
- Domain Tables to Text / i8n?
- restructure code around a front controller
- External Authentication
- External Authenticatio with oBiblio (LDAP, AD, etc)
- API for other apps to use to create obiblio Sessions
- Untether OPAC from obiblio core file structures.
- User rating functionality
- User Reviews
- User tags / tagclouds
- User Comments
- Remove Marc Foundation (RFC)?
- Some kind of PlugIn Architecture
- Move to standardized UI Code
- Themes made more easy
- Allow custom design of display (via template/XSLT?)
- Allow per user themes (including header / footer)
If you would like to help us move toward any of these goals, whether or not you are already a member of the development team, please coordinate with MicahStetson so we avoid any duplication of effort.
- Biblio display does not seem to display random marc records. See Editing the Marc Record.
- Instructional Media Center: Staff Interface in header
- Delete TCDE theme
- Images appear to be broken. Cannot upload.
- Quick Checkout no longer has search
- Member -> Search by card number doesn’t allow empty searching
- What fields are “standard” for biblio_copy. barcode, description
- How to manage layout of biblio pages re:
- Editor (standard vs Marc)
- Display (summary vs full)
- Remove 0.6.0 Dm.php and DMQuery.php Dependancy on custom member fields
- Joe's Issues.
- Peter’s Export to CSV
- CSV Import
- Hack to allow more than 2 member types (Adult & Juvenile) - 1119785
- Marc Import bug patch 1118356 –Autosetting on Marc Import call numbers (is this in?)
- Sort Biblio Copies by Description, Barcode
- On biblio screen make “checked out” link to member screen
- Testbed for Large Catalogs using scriblio marc records.
- Better Searching (Author, Title, ISBN/ISSN, LCCN, 650, biblio_ID, barcode)
- able to search few fields in one time
- Improved OPAC (CMS integration)
- Detach the opac from paths.. .allow variables for resetting paths.
- Modify Member
- status active/inactive..
- If inactive cannot be checked out books.
- Member Interface
- See books currently checked out.
- Hold Requests
- Charges etc
- Create User checkout requests interface
- Covert Admin Dashboard reports to Screen Reports.
- Location information on copies
- Multiple Delete of Marc Records
- AutoBarCode for Members
- Biblio fields handlers
- Subject Headings Lookup
- ISSN / ISBN validation
- Cutter calculation.
- Search links
- 856 link handling